Sarap Pilipinas: A Flavorful Celebration of Filipino Culture and Cuisine
If you’re a food enthusiast or simply looking for a delightful cultural experience, mark your calendars for a one-of-a-kind event that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds and warm your heart.
Sarap Pilipinas, a dynamic online community dedicated to celebrating Filipino culture and cuisine, is hosting a pop-up event that promises to be a gastronomic and cultural extravaganza.
This event, taking place at the Grand Atrium of The Shangri La Plaza Mall in Mandaluyong City, is set to run for four exciting days, and was marked by a ribbon-cutting ceremony which was held on September 14, 2023.
Sarap Pilipinas: More Than Just Food
Sarap Pilipinas isn’t just another social media community; it’s a thriving virtual family united by a shared love for all things Filipino. At its core, Sarap Pilipinas aims to showcase the richness of Filipino hospitality, culture, and, of course, food. After all, as the saying goes, “we are what we eat.” This vibrant community serves as a hub for individuals and groups to connect, explore, and celebrate the diverse aspects of the Philippines.
The Pop-Up Experience
To bring the essence of Sarap Pilipinas to life, the event organizers have curated a selection of 22 unique merchants, each with their own fascinating stories and offerings. From innovative twists on Filipino classics to delectable desserts and more, here’s a sneak peek at some of the purveyors that will be featured at the Sarap Pilipinas pop-up:
1. Frozen Fiesta Halo Halo Bar – Elevating the classic halo-halo, this innovative dessert bar introduces new and local flavors like durian turon and pastillas de leche. Their secret ingredient? The freshest carabao’s milk, ensuring a creamy and delicious treat. For more information, contact Chef Kaira at 09178264522.
2. Karabella: Indulge in the finest gelato at Karabella, where flavors span from classic ube, mangga, and tsokolate to innovative collaborations with Desteliria Limtuaco. Experience unique sensations like Salted Egg Mooncake and Matcha Mooncake, a joint venture with The Hungry Chef’s renowned mooncakes. Remarkably, Karabella is the brainchild of the young and talented 26-year-old chef, EJ Buenaflor. For inquiries, contact EJ via Viber at 09171905797.
3. Mang Cesar’s Lechon Baka: Savor the legendary taste of Manila’s first and original litson baka at Mang Cesar’s. A perennial crowd favorite, their Angus beef is not just tender; it’s exceptionally juicy and bursting with flavor. For inquiries and orders, reach out to Mang Cesar’s Lechon Baka via Viber at 09453789496.
4. The Plaza & La Petite Fromagerie: Prepare to be delighted by The Plaza Premium baked ham, a Christmas noche buena essential that has now become a year-round treat. This mouthwatering ham, accompanied by fluffy pan de sal and four delectable sauces, never fails to impress. What’s more, The Plaza’s COO, Karla Reyes, recently returned from Jakarta after receiving recognition as one of the 10 Outstanding Filipina Entrepreneurs from various industries. To connect or place orders, you can reach Karla at 09177912865.
5. Cocina Berenguer – Home-made comfort food, perfect to enjoy with family and friends.
6. Trellis – An original, no-frills restaurant that serves real home-cooked affordable dishes from scratch.
7. Salmon HQ – The first and original Premium Salmon Cake in the Metro!
8. The Plaza & La Petite Fromagerie: Prepare to be delighted by The Plaza Premium baked ham, a Christmas noche buena essential that has now become a year-round treat. This mouthwatering ham, accompanied by fluffy pan de sal and four delectable sauces, never fails to impress. What’s more, The Plaza’s COO, Karla Reyes, recently returned from Jakarta after receiving recognition as one of the 10 Outstanding Filipina Entrepreneurs from various industries. To connect or place orders, you can reach Karla at 09177912865. Elevate your dining experience with The Plaza’s premium offerings!
9. Kobe Jones – Kobe Jones is a fusion Japanese-European restaurant in Makati. Chef owner Tom Hines serves up the finest sushi and steak this side of town.
10. Puro: Meet Buddy Isleta, the man behind the exceptional Puro TnT (Taba ng talangka or crab fat). His product gained the attention of Asia’s Best Female Chef of 2016, Margarita Fores, who bought all his remaining stocks at a bazaar and issued a check for future orders. To experience this culinary gem, contact Buddy at 09175900597.
11. Michelle’s Homemade Putong Ube – They have been in the business of making various flavors of Puto since 1996. Indulge in Native Filipino Delicacies made fresh daily in their kitchen, reminiscent of festive family gatherings, prepared the traditional way.
12. Sweet Kamote – Sweet kamote chips rake in the sales at every single bazaar they join with their Buy One Take 1 double the crunch, double the fun promo.
13. Consuelo’s Cakes – Consuleo “Icon” Alacantara’s ube cake pastillas custard was a runaway winner at the Ultimate Taste Test in 2018. Spanky Hizon of the Phil Star has hailed it a “Filipino obra maestra.”
14. Macarons Macarons, Caprichosa & Nicocoa Xocolat – Delicious and premium French macarons, Gourmet Provisions and Handcrafted Swiss chocolate desserts.
15. DC Delight – one of Manila’s best bake house offering cookies, cakes, cupcakes and other pastries.
16. Rolls Dessert Kitchen – Freshly baked desserts
17. Egg Tarts Manila – Manila’s go-to Portuguese Egg Tarts! Freshly baked rich, creamy, and flaky tarts
18. Subtle Coffee – amazing brews and yummy coffee pairings
19. Jersey Bakery – Delicious doughnuts with uber unique Filipino flavors (turon, kamote q, honeymansi, champorado, ube, taho). The taho doughnuts are so unique it comes with a pipette of a syrup that consuming it is a novelty in itself.
20. Jaq’s Kitchen – Gourmet sauces, specialty cheeses, duck liver pâté, and jackfruit hummus
21. Tynapay – Offers one of the best and ultra-soft Cheese Rolls in town.
22. Rica’s Pecan Tarts – Deliciously-indulgent pecan tarts and pastries.
Connect and Explore
Don’t miss the chance to connect with these passionate entrepreneurs and explore the diverse world of Filipino cuisine. Reach out to them via the provided contact information, and be sure to visit the Sarap Pilipinas pop-up event. Taste, celebrate, and embrace the vibrant culture and hospitality that the Philippines has to offer.
Sarap Pilipinas is more than just a community; it’s an invitation to savor the flavors of Pinoy gastronomy, celebrate Filipino values and traditions, and immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of Filipino culture. So, come join the celebration and discover what makes Filipino cuisine and hospitality truly special. See you at the Sarap Pilipinas pop-up event!
Philippine Hot Sauce Club
Spice up your life with the award-winning Philippine Hot Sauce Club (PHSC). This sizzling club proudly declares itself the HOTTEST in town, and for good reason. Led by their president, Eric del Rosario, a multi-award winner at the Chili Festival, PHSC is the first and most celebrated club in the Filipino hot sauce scene. For inquiries or to join the fiery club, you can reach out to Eric at 09772749902.
Sarap Pilipinas: A Culinary Journey Through Filipino Culture and Cuisine
Don’t miss out on this extraordinary celebration of Filipino culture and cuisine! The Sarap Pilipinas pop-up event, running until September 17, 2023, is your passport to a world of flavors and traditions that will leave you craving for more.
We invite you to join this vibrant community on Facebook, where you can connect with fellow enthusiasts, explore the richness of Filipino culture, and stay updated on exciting events and culinary trends. Visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/sarappilipinas to be part of this exciting community!
Whether you’re a foodie, a culture enthusiast, or simply curious to explore the flavors of the Philippines, Sarap Pilipinas has something special for you. Visit them at the pop-up event and savor the unique tastes of the Philippines, and then connect on Facebook to continue the celebration. See you there!