27th PTAA Travel & Tours Expo 2020: More>Real
The 27th PTAA Travel & Tours Expo 2020 was held last 7-9 February 2020, at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia (MOA). The theme for the 2020 Expo was “More>Real”
The PTTA boasts more than 500 members and is widely recognized by international airlines, hotels, resorts, insurance and cruise companies. The PTTA works closely with the Department of Tourism (DOT), Department of Foreign Affairs, the Tourism Promotion Board, Bureau of Immigration. As well as the National Census and Statistics Office, embassies and consulates.
Opening the 2020 Expo, PTTA President, Ritchie Tuaño said:
“In its 27th year, PTAA’s TravelTour Expo is expected to be the biggest edition yet, with over 400 exhibitors and operators. Ranging from travel agencies and cruise liners, to hotels and resorts, as well as insurance companies to ensure the safety of would-be travelers.
Event exclusive deals are the big draw of the Expo, with airline companies and travel agencies alike, offering tour packages and flights at jaw-dropping prices.”
MY RANGGO was delighted that DOT Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat took some time to answer our questions, as she toured the Expo with PTTA President, Ritchie Tuaño.
See our interview with DOT Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat, here
DOT Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat’s Opening remarks:
Before anything else, on behalf of the Dept of Tourism, I would like to congratulate everyone on the organizing committee for making this expo possible. I must say that you have outdone yourselves yet again.
What began in 1994 to showcase the products and services of the PTAA’s members, has since evolved into an annual event covering practically all segments of the travel business making it the biggest event for the travel and tourism industry in the Philippines.
Now in it’s 27th edition, TTE has become the go-to of every budget conscious, travel loving and fun seeking Filipino and traveller alike.
With over 400 travel related companies, national tourism organizations, and Embassies being represented, Travel & Tour Expo 2020 boasts the most trusted brands, tourism boards and corporations offering exclusive promotions on airfare, accommodations and tour packages.
Key Tourism Points raised in DOT Sec Puyat’s speech:
- We breached the 8 million mark in foreign visitor arrivals, a first in the history of our country’s tourism
- Tourism has become a catalyst for economic growth, contributing PHP 2.2 trillion and 12.7% to the country’s GDP.
- The Philippine Tourism Industry employs 5.4 million people; 13% of the total work force in the country
New Tourism Initiatives:
- Pasig River ferry cruise transport covering four cities, Manila, Mandaluyong, Makati and Pasig, will provide a fresh approach in exploring Metro Manila.
- Greater development of Intramuros; lit up at night, more space and museums to appreciate, including Fort Santiago Dungeon, which already has thousands lining up to visit.
- Marketing of Philippine Festivals all year round, to promote and preserve our culture and history. See our articles on the Visayan Festivals and the Oriental Mindoro Festivals.
- Market and product development, over the next few years, will target new customers and new segments, expanding our market to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Promotion of the Philippines lesser known destinations.