3rd Aklan Hammock Fest (for the beneficiaries of Aklan Trekkers)
February 22, 2020 at 6:00 AM – February 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Palhi Beach, Boracay Malay, Aklan
1. To connect, build, and strengthen camaraderie and friendship among organizations and individuals who love the outdoors.
2. To contribute to the development and promotion of local and national tourism coupled with advocacy on environmental protection and conservation as well as reaching out to remote and indigenous communities.
3. To raise fund for Aklan Trekkers ‘Rebuild A House Project’ for Typhoon Ursula Victims in Malay, Aklan and Upland Outreach Mission in Taroytoy Elementary School, Sitio Taroytoy, Brgy. Manika, Libacao, Aklan in March.
4. To support local outdoor products by promoting our brand partners and sponsors.
Registration Fee: Php950
Start of Registration: January 14, 2020
End of Registration: February 14, 2019
Target participants: 150-200 pax (first come, first served basis)
BREAKDOWN OF THE REGISTRATION FEE:
Eco-tour + Snacks: Php350
Entrance & Overnight Fee: Php100
Organizing Expenses: Php100
Should in case there is an excess in the budget per breakdown, it will be added to the beneficiary.
Also get a chance to win surprising prizes for contests, games, and raffle draws!
Exclusions: Meals and event shirt (see banner for print design)
Event Shirt (pre-order): Php250
1. Click the link: https://forms.gle/UASUmNqagwVRN8HM7
2. Fill in the registration form.
3. Pay your registration fee through bank or payment centers.
4. Send us a copy of your deposit/transaction slip
5. As a reply, we will send you a copy of the waiver which you will sign upon arrival at the meeting venue (no waiver, no participation).
For online registration concerns, please contact Mr. Richard Ropero Cahilig at mobile number: 09495941643
Account Name: JACKELYN VILLAS
Account Number: 010890095582
Payment Center Details:
Receiver: Jackelyn Villas
Contact Number: 09203980389
For payment concerns, please contact Ms. Jackelyn Villas
This event is hosted by AKLAN TREKKERS
Boracay Fire Dancers
In collaboration with:
Malay SK Federation
JCI Aklan Kalantiao
The Future Travellers
Municipality of Malay
1. Larga Vista Outdoors
1. Pinoy Hangers Community
2. Aklan Future Tourism Leaders
1. Boracay Eden Villa
1. Fashion Island
2. Sierra Mantra
3. Hideout Travel & Tours
4. Bombay Outdoor Shop
5. Dahon Outdoor Apparel
6. Friday’s Barbecue House
7. Android 17
8. Pig Out Bistro
9. Sprak Outfitters
10. Lakbay Apparel
11. Istayuti Clothing
12. Negros Mantiners
Note: We’re still open for partnership and sponsorship until February 10!
A HAMMOCK and a TARP shelter are required.
NO tent and sleep out allowed.
NO walk-in allowed.
Waiver must be signed upon entry.
Bring packed lunch on the first day.
Cook your own meals.
Minimize use of plastics.
Observe LNT at all times.
Event shirt is available but optional.
Waterproof your things
Day 0 (February 21)Organizers’ Overnight Camping
Day 01 (February 22)
0700 – 0830: Arrival and Meet-up in Poblacion, Malay, Aklan (In front of police station)
0830 – 0900: Travel to venue
0900 – 1000: Registration
1000 – 1030: Set-up of hammock
1030 – 1130: Preliminaries, Introduction of Organizers, Partners, Guests, Sponsors, Performers, and Participants, Reading of House Rules, & Raffle Draws
1130 – 1200: Cookfest
1200-1300: Packed Lunch & Preparation for Eco-tour
1300-1700: Eco tour
>Malay Ecological Park/Presentation of 7 Wonders of Malay
>Motag Living Museum
1700-1800: Hammock Tower, Group Photo, Sunset Viewing, Rest & Refresh
2000-2100: Video Presentation of Taroytoy ES, Presentation of Teachers, Testimonies, & Raffle Draws
2100-2400: Music, Firedance, & Campfire Sessions, Raffle Draws
2400 onward: Lights off
Day 02 (February 23)
0500: Wake-up Call
0700-0800: Nature Time/Panginhas/Yoga/Zumba
0800-1000: Camaraderie Games
1000-1100: Demonstration on Eco bricks making and orientation on eco building
1100-1200: Environmental Contests
1300-1400: Clean-up Drive
1300-1400: Photo Ops
1400-1500: Breakcamp/Pack up & Final Raffle Draws
1500-1700: Home sweet home
Optional Sidetrips: Bongbongon Beach, Naasug Rock Formations, Pangihan Cave, Banderahan Hills, Agnaga Mini-Falls & Cold Spring, Jamboo Beach Resort/Nasog Beach, Boracay Island, Languyon River, Tagaroroc Falls, and more!
1. Not registered, not allowed to join
2. Observe proper hanging of hammock. Prioritize safety.
3. No tents allowed
4. Strictly no use of illegal drugs
5. Strictly no fire arms and bladed weapons except those used for cooking
6. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas
7. Bring your own trash bags (minimum of 2 each participant). Proper disposal of garbage is a must.
8. Minor is allowed if accompanied by a guardian or an adult
9. Drinking is allowed but must observe decorum
10. Strictly no littering and vandalizing
11. DO NOT bring disposable utensils (disposable cups, plates, spoon/fork). Bring only washable utensils.
12. Observe Leave No Trace (LNT) principle
THINGS TO BRING:
1. First-aid/medical kit
2. Clothes for two days
3. Fleece blanket or sleeping bag and malong
5. Hiking shoes and/or beach slippers
6. Food for two days (packed or ready-to-cook lunch on Day 01)
7. Cookset (individual or by group)
8. Eating utensils
10. Toiletries, hygiene and kikay kits
11. Jacket, gloves, and socks
13. Camera, powerbank
14. Extra money
15. Bring waterproofing for your things for boatride and rain
Note: Pack lightly and smartly
1. We will print the waiver and will ask you to SIGN it upon arrival at the venue.
2. As soon as you arrive at the venue, please approach the registration table.
3. Set up your hammock in first come, first served basis. We only have limited trees. The rest are poles installed on the beach set up as ‘camaraderie camp.’
4. There are two functional restrooms, one for men and one for women
5. There are no sari-sari stores inside the venue or nearby. You have to go to Poblacion. However, the Poblacion has no wet market. You have to go to Caticlan.
6. The availability of fish and other seafood depends on the catch of fisher folks nearby.
7. Local vendors will sell ‘kakanin’ and delicacies in a designated area during the two-day event to promote their indigenous products.
8. Drinking water will be provided by the organizers.
This event is hosted by AKLAN TREKKERS in collaboration with the Malay SK Federation, JCI Aklan Kalantiao, & The Future Travelers with the support of the Municipality of Buruanga, Barangay Council of Naasug, Aklan Future Tourism Leaders and Pinoy Hangers Community.
HOW TO GET TO THE 3RD AKLAN HAMMOCK FESTIVAL VENUE:
1. Ride a van at Tagbak Terminal going to Caticlan
2. Get dropped at Goldilocks Caticlan along the national road. If you’re dropped at Caticlan Jetty Port, walk your way out from the port area heading to the national road. Look for Goldilocks. There you have two options – to ride a habal-habal going directly to the venue for Php75 or ride a tricycle.
4. If you choose to ride a tricycle, tell the driver to bring you to Poblacion. Don’t forget to tell the driver that it’s not rented. Fare is only Php17.00. Get dropped at Malay PNP Station
5. Facing the station, walk few meters to the right. Approach a habal-habal driver and tell him to bring you to the venue of the 3rd Aklan Hammock Fest.
From Kalibo Airport:
1. Ride a van going to Caticlan
2. Follow numbers 2 to 5.
From Caticlan Airport:
1. Ride a tricycle going to Caticlan, in front of Goldilocks Caticlan
2. Follow numbers 2 to 5.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I, hereby waive Aklan Trekkers, its officers, members and sponsors from any liability of any injury, loss or damage to personal property associated with activities participated during the 3RD AKLAN HAMMOCK FESTIVAL 2020 on February 22-23, 2020 at Sitio Palhi, Brgy. Naasug, Malay, Aklan
I hereby assume all the risk of participating in the above mentioned activity/event and any arising risks surrounding the event caused by any person directly or indirectly.
I certify that I am physically fit to participate and have not been advised by any medical physician not to do so.
I acknowledge that I understand the content of this document. I am aware that it is legally binding and I sign it out of my own free will.
For further inquiries and sponsorship:
1. Ritchel Jua Casidsid – 09198751917
You may also send us a message thru our personal FB accounts or official Aklan Trekkers FB page and group.
For more details and information, please log on to: